01About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's crafting unique experiences, building products that inspire creativity and allow our users to do great work. We expect our engineers to care about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, and how they function. As their leader, you should care about these things too!
We're looking for a front-end engineering manager to join our growing engineering team and lead and build a team of talented and creative front-end engineers. Our engineering managers have 3 main roles:
- Make their team better at their jobs. We want you to change the trajectory of your team members’ careers.
- Advocate for them. Look for opportunities for them within the organization and beyond.
- Unblock them. Help them work at their maximum potential - working with other teams in the company to make sure that nothing gets in their way.
You’ll love our team, and our tech stack is pretty great too – the Front End team work in a React/Redux codebase working that uses an API built using cutting edge technology like React, Elixir, Swift, Docker, and AWS Lambda.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are on the hunt for talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
03What we think you'll need to be great at this job…
- A love of people management, great products and product design
- Past experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment. Note the use of a lowercase 'a' in 'agile' – we're pragmatic, and it would be pretty awesome if you were too.
- 5+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don't need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 3+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux and Styled Components for our web app).
- 2+ years of people management experience would be good, but if you’ve spent 2 years thinking about people management, then we’d like to speak to you too.
04This is what you'll be doing
- Managing our Front End Engineering team - coach them, advocate for them, unblock them - basically make them happy and productive human beings.
- Providing technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the technical decisions made on your team
- Work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team - once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome
- Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build of culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- OneMedical membership
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Unlimited PTO
- Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- ClassPass discount
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Influence in a small, fast paced team
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.