Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
02About the Role
Our mission is to power the world's video creation. We pour our soul into the Frame.io product to delight customers and make it easier for them to realize that mission.
As the product leaders of Frame.io, it is our job to ship the right product, to ship it to the high standards we demand, and to track its success after launch. We understand that a product isn't finished when it goes out the door.
We're looking for an experienced product manager to join our team. In this role, you'll help us build the future of video workflows, both inside our own product and across the larger ecosystem of apps with which we work.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- You've shipped high-impact product. You've taken an idea from its initial brief to design to development to QA to release. You understand how to manage a product through this process and how to ensure that release dates are met.
- You're a data-driven thinker. You build a hypothesis and test it with data. You're comfortable in SQL and Looker. The thought of not being able to explain why something was built, and whether it was a success, makes you queasy.
- You're customer empathetic. You constantly look for ways to build customer empathy, whether through customer interviews or jumping into the support queue to solve real customer problems.
- You're a great communicator. You understand that half of the job is making sure the organization knows what your team is working on and how it will impact them.
- You're technical enough. You work with engineers to understand how our data is modeled and how it flows through our system, but you know to leave the technical details of “how” to the engineers.
- You write well. You explore your ideas through concise and thoughtful writing. You appreciate the leverage that good writing has in helping a product manager win the larger organization to their ideas.
04Bonus points if you have
- No fear in pushing pixels. When you’re shaping a potential solution to a problem, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and start working on a design in Figma. You have experience working on designs that were handed off to engineers for development.
- Postproduction knowledge. In this role you'll be building the tools that power the postproduction workflows of the future. Experience in this industry, either as a professional or a hobbyist, is a plus.
- Own the strategy, tactics, and metrics for your team. Understand our market position at all times and know whether our strategy needs to shift based on changes to that position.
- Manage the daily workflow of a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap. Work with the team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority projects.
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, sales, support and marketing leadership.
- Drive the solutions to the problems your team looks to solve. Socialize the solutions and the findings you made with the company to create a shared understanding around your team's decisions.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.