Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
02About the Role
Engineers at Frame.io are creative, technical people making beautiful and powerful tools to help other creative, technical people to do their best work. We have to be—Frame.io is the thread that runs through the entire video post-production process.
We're looking for a video playback engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll help us build the future of video workflows and optimized video playback experiences, both inside our own product and across the larger ecosystem of apps with which we work.
- You have experience building front end video players or components for high volume throughput.
- You have worked with React or similar frameworks.
- You are customer focused and pay close attention to video quality and user experience. You don’t like unnecessary buffering or latency. You strive to do everything possible to make the video start as fast it can on the front end.
- You will ensure all playback interactions and metrics are reported and alerts are set up for critical failures.
- You write automated tests for all components and functions.
- You have worked in an agile team environment collaborating with product and other stakeholders to ship features in a continuous manner.
04Bonus points if you have
- Knowledge of HLS/DASH and other front end streaming protocols.
- Worked or have an understanding of GraphQL
- Worked with open source video players such as VideoJS or the likes.
- Understanding of WebRTC and it’s applications.
- Knowledge / understanding of audio video encoding such as H.264, AAC, HEVC or AV1.
- Experience with DRM and HLS-AES.
- Knowledge of advanced and emerging video standards such as HDR10, Dolby Vision, 360 videos.
- Experience working with analytics products such as MUX or Looker.
- You will work with product and video backend engineering to define and ship features and improvements to our video playback experiences. These will range from optimized adaptive bitrate streaming to progressive video playback with very high to low resolutions.
- You will improve monitoring and alerting as well as owning the unit testing coverage for the codebase.
- You'll be educating the wider engineering team on video playback engineering and the work you do.
- You will write reusable code and keep up with the latest streaming technologies for playback.
- You'll receive close guidance and mentorship from our engineering managers and leads, as well as code reviews from your peers.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.